Monday, May 17, 2010

Momprenuer! Hmm! Can I do that?

So here I am, Blogging away wondering "What can I do as an at home mommy to make a little extra dinero for me n' my kiddos?" Naturally I turn to my internet BFF (google) and searched for momprenuer sites....and Tada! I have a ton of ideas now for making money at home with my kids climbing all over me! The biggest hurdle I've come up against is narrowing it down to one or two ideas so I'm not spred too thin! So far I've been eBaying stuff I don't need, It's better than a garage sale because I can do it anytime of the year in any weather, also instead of dealing with customers trying to talk you down in price you get to sit back and watch the eBayers of the world battle it out in their own lil arena over your unwanted stuff. I started last week and I've already made over $150 and that was only off of 10 items. However there are a few things to keep in mind, make sure you are charging the correct amount for shipping (on a couple of items I ended up paying some of the shipping out of my pocket, not the direction we're going in, It's about making $ right) also make sure you are pricing your items according to what people are bidding (I noticed that if I start the bid lower than another auctioneer most people would bid on my item first, like I said "most of the time" not always though) Ebaying for me has been great so far but what happens when I run out of extra stuff? Well I also set up an account at http://www.etsy.com/. So now the crafts I create can be found in one place (and an amazing website I might add) which makes selling crafts so easy! So for all you "Momprenuers" out there, Keep it up my'dears! The best way to make money is from the comfort of your home with the people you really want to be with, your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment