Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baby Shower count down!


So its 16 days and counting till the baby shower I’ve been planning for my brother in law and his girlfriend! I have been planning this party for months now and I can’t wait to see it all come together! They chose the King of the Jungle theme. Which I think is totally appropriate since the baby’s name is Daniel. Get it? Daniel and the LION’s den! Ehh? No? That’s ok I thought it was clever. Anyways, moving on…of course we bought the traditional plates, napkins, banners yada yada yada with the image of the lil lion (so cute by the way) but I want this party to have some dimension so I purchased some Chinese paper lanterns in the colors of the tableware (turquoise, yellow, green and orange) and I plan to hang them at varying lengths from my ceiling. I love paper lanterns, they can create such an impact and for very little money, I bought mine at http://www.paperlanternstore.com/ and they cost around $1.20 each. The other element I’m proud of it the favors, we have about 50 to 60 people invited so I wanted them to be awesome yet still economical, so I purchased these clear plastic pillow favor boxes from ebay (100 for only $10, trust me I looked on every website so I was ecstatic to find these) and then I ordered return address label (of all things) from http://www.vistaprint.com/but when I customized them instead of an address I wrote “______baby shower. We thank you for joining the fun, we hope you had a “roaring” good time celebrating our new little one! Corny, I know but I thought it was cute, not to mention the design matched our theme perfectly! Now I just have to find a filler I’m thinking candy in a coordinating color since a lot of the party goers will be children too. Besides not every guest attending is going to want a “baby” themed favor so edible favors I think are always a good way to go. Not to mention they look super cute assembled and all lined up (I did a test run, yes I know nerdy, but that’s how I do it) I’m still working out the finer details but obviously its right around the corner so I’ll be posting the pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment